Why

I wanted a place to put how I use my Bountiful Basket. This seemed like the best way to go. I know 3 blogs might just actually kill me but people look and want ways to eat healthier and cheaper. Bountiful Baskets has helped me implement healthier options into my families diet. We eat better and have a variety of new foods that we try. I have also been able to drop my grocery bill a ton by using bountiful baskets. I hope that this blog gives you ideas on how to use your basket each week.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 16 2011

Apricot, banana, Blackberries, Broccoli, Kale, Cauliflower,
Cucumber, Lettuce, Onion, Pears, Plums, tomato, Honeydew


I tried theses last night for dinner  My daughter wouldn't stop eating them.

Kale Chips
Use: kale
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/baked-kale-chips/detail.aspx

Baked Kale Chips Recipe

Melon Salsa
Use: Melon, cucumber
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/melon-salsa-50400000114478/
Melon Salsa Recipe

Sauteed sweet corn and green onions
Use: green onions

http://www.food.com/recipe/sauteed-fresh-sweet-corn-and-green-onions-132305

Sauteed Fresh Sweet Corn and Green Onions. Photo by katie in the UP


Garlic Broccoli Pasta

use: Broccoli
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Garlic-Broccoli-Pasta




Garlic Broccoli Pasta Recipe

Plum and blackberries over angel food cake
use:blackberries, plums 

Vanilla-Scented Plums and Blackberries

Fruit Sushi

Use: banana, pears, apricots
 slice fruit length wise and wrap in a fruit roll up

here is a fun way to get your kids to eat more fruit



Brown sugar pears
USe: pears
Sautéed Brown Sugar Pears Recipe


Apricot chicken
Use: apricots

Apricot Chicken I Recipe


2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I'm considering starting a BB blog too but it will have to wait until after I take a certification exam I need to study for. I want to make the kale chips and melon salsa for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting these! I'm always needing recipes for BB. I get bored easily and this is fantastic! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete