Why

I wanted a place to put how I use my Bountiful Basket. This seemed like the best way to go. I know 3 blogs might just actually kill me but people look and want ways to eat healthier and cheaper. Bountiful Baskets has helped me implement healthier options into my families diet. We eat better and have a variety of new foods that we try. I have also been able to drop my grocery bill a ton by using bountiful baskets. I hope that this blog gives you ideas on how to use your basket each week.

Monday, July 25, 2011

July 23 2011

Banana, Cantaloupe, Cucumber, Green bean, Lettuce, mangoes, peaches,
Plums, Strawberries, tomato, Celery, Sweet Potato

This week had some fantastic snackers--
celery, cherry tomatos, cucumbers, cantaloup.  My celery is gone, cucumbers will make it through tomorrow Maybe.  the cantaloupe is cut and will be split between the next 3 breakfasts.  I have been eating the tomatoes every time I open the fridge it is fantastic.

So I wont give you specific recipes for those this week because they are already gone and I don't want to get my hopes up.


Mango peach smoothie

use:mango, peach, strawberries

1/2 bottle fuze
1 mango
1 peach
4 strawberries
Ice

Blend together

this was a great drink with our breakfast sandwiches this morning and tasted fabulous



Sweet potato waffles
Use: sweet potato,
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/11/sweet-potato-waffles-recipe.html

20101110sweetpotatowaffles.jpg

Grilled Plums
use: plums

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/brown-sugar-grilled-plums-with-lemon-sorbet-recipe/index.html



Green Beans

My favorite way to cook these is to steam them and add a bit of butter, salt and pepper and just eat them.  It is heavenly!!  You should have seen my face when I saw we had Green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment