Why

I wanted a place to put how I use my Bountiful Basket. This seemed like the best way to go. I know 3 blogs might just actually kill me but people look and want ways to eat healthier and cheaper. Bountiful Baskets has helped me implement healthier options into my families diet. We eat better and have a variety of new foods that we try. I have also been able to drop my grocery bill a ton by using bountiful baskets. I hope that this blog gives you ideas on how to use your basket each week.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 16 2011

Apple, Honeydew, Oranges, *Blueberries, Mangoes, Strawberries, Banana,
Onion, Broccoli, Carrots, Celery, Lettuce, Cucumber, Radishes
*I bought a case of Blueberries and I forgot to put mangoes on my list so sorry! 
Celery logs
Really good way to get kids to eat all that celery, is to make it look like something else. Try this recipe
 

Strawberry-Mango salsa
use:mangoes, strawberries

Strawberry_mango_salsa


















Homemade chicken soup
Use: onions, carrots, celery
 

Chicken Primavera
Use: broccoli, carrots,
Use from past weeks: red or green peppers
 Chicken Primavera with Pasta Recipe

Radish cabbage slaw
Use: radish
Use from past weeks: cabbage


cucumber salad



Mini fruit pizza
use: whatever fruit you want
 


Thai peanut chicken
Use: broccoli, carrots, onions,celery
Use from past weeks:green or red peppers,squash

 Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles

Apple crisp
Use:apples
 

1 cup butter
1 cup oats
1 cup brown sugar1 cup flour
Combine, and if you like crumble double!  It seems to be too wet, but that is the way it is supposed to be to get kind of crispy on the top.
Apples just add cinnamon to taste, two tbsp's of flour and some sugar.
Use about 9 apples...for a 9x13.  Make sure you use "cooking" apples aka spartan, or macs it works out the best with them. 

Honeydew Melon
 

Orange cream slushy

 

 Let me know what you made with your baskets

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I loved my basket this week! But I didn't get the blueberries, what's up with that!?! All of your recipes looked so good though, the chicken noodle soup and fruit pizza are on my list, and I snuck some cabbage into some mango smoothies for lunch and they were soooo good.

    ReplyDelete