Why

I wanted a place to put how I use my Bountiful Basket. This seemed like the best way to go. I know 3 blogs might just actually kill me but people look and want ways to eat healthier and cheaper. Bountiful Baskets has helped me implement healthier options into my families diet. We eat better and have a variety of new foods that we try. I have also been able to drop my grocery bill a ton by using bountiful baskets. I hope that this blog gives you ideas on how to use your basket each week.

Monday, April 25, 2011

April 23 2011

Apples,Asparagus,Banana,Broccoli,Cucumber,Daikon rasish,Grapefruit,Honeydew,Pineapple,Yellow squash,Strawberries,Yams

So Sad no lettuce this week but that’s okay.  

What I froze this week
-yellow squash
-1/2 strawberries (Libby ate the rest)
-Broccoli (so it doesn't stink up my fridge, I rarely use it fresh)


My meal plan for the week

I do all my prep work. 
I sliced up my strawberries, pineapple, honeydew melon, (if you pull these out at meal times they go very quickly.  I don’t have any strawberries left or pineapple.  The melon is almost ½ gone.

When Libby comes asking for a snack I always offer her fruits and veggies.  The last 2 weeks she has been only eating celery.  This week it will be apples.  This is a good way to teach your children good eating habit.  I would rather turn to something healthy than something like cookies.

This way I know my family is making wise snacking choices.


Penne with Asparagus
Picture of Penne with Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes (Spring) Recipe
Use: asparagus

Sweet potato chips




Use: yams


baked pesto ravioli and chicken

use: yellow squash
use from past: red peppers, onions(if you don’t have scallions I use whatever onion I have on hand)


Macaroni garden salad
Macaroni Garden Salad Recipe


Use: cucumbers
Use from past: celery,onion

Daikon, carrot, broccoli slaw
Use: broccoli, daikon
Use from past: carrots from last week


or  I am going to try something new please if you try this let me know what you think.

pan fried daikon cake
Pan Fried Daikon Cake Recipe

use: daikon


could be a quick and easy lunch idea
Broccoli rotini
Use: broccoli


Dessert
Chocolate dipped strawberries (YUMMY)
Picture of Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe

Use: strawberries
TIP: strawberries only last about 3-4 days so eat them fast

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I like the layout and the recipes are great. I like the way you have the "use this", and "from last week" notes. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete