Why

I wanted a place to put how I use my Bountiful Basket. This seemed like the best way to go. I know 3 blogs might just actually kill me but people look and want ways to eat healthier and cheaper. Bountiful Baskets has helped me implement healthier options into my families diet. We eat better and have a variety of new foods that we try. I have also been able to drop my grocery bill a ton by using bountiful baskets. I hope that this blog gives you ideas on how to use your basket each week.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

aug 13 2011


banana, Cantaloupe, Corn, Grapes, Lettuce, mangoes, Oranges,
Plums, Strawberries, sweet peppers, tomato

What a week to participate in.  Everything is fabulous.  I was excited to see the strawberries and the grapes.

So here are few suggestions of what to do with your basket.

this was my own creation

strawberry Fresh lime
1 can country time strawberry lemonade
1 can sprite (7-up or any lemon lime soda)
1/2 lime(if you have one)
3 strawberries pureed and a 1 diced very small
ice cubes

put ice into cup
dump strawberries over ice
pour liquid into the cup
and sit back and relax if you have to share make sure its not the same cup (my husband said I drank to much and he didn't get enough)


Chicken salad with grapes
Use: grapes
use from the past: last weeks celery


Chicken Salad with Grapes and Walnuts Recipe

Chocolate dipped  clementines
use: clementines


Grilled corn on the cob
Use: corn



Chicken Kabobs

Use:Red peppers
http://deliciousdishesrecipes.com/hawaiian-chicken-kabobs-a-cheater-chicken-meal/



The other Items I got have been cut up and are ready to use for breakfast lunch or dinner side dishes.  Or snacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment